Backlit keyboards are increasingly common nowadays, probably because they’re useful and also look awesome, but what about the humble trackpad? The folks over at Gateway seem to have decided that it too needs the backlight treatment, as evident in its latest 13.3-inch EC39C and 14-inch ID49C08u notebooks which feature glowing blue trackpads that have integrated mouse buttons. Aside from the uniqueness of having a glowing trackpad, these notebooks also sport chiclet keyboards that have a dedicated social networking key that launches a networking widget, allowing you to add Facebook, YouTube and Flickr feeds into the timeline. In terms of technical specs, the EC39C packs an Intel Core i5 ULV processor and NVIDIA Optimus to switch between the GeForce 310 GPU and Intel’s integrated graphics. The ID49C08U packs the standard voltage Core i5, 4G of RAM, 500GB hard drive and optical drive. Availability and pricing information weren’t mentioned just yet, but check out a video detailing these notebooks after the jump.
- 2013-08-08 Acer DA241HL/Gateway N1-2400 Hits The FCC
- 2013-07-03 Microsoft Working On Improving Laptop Trackpads In Windows 8.1
- 2012-05-01 RIM unveils NFC enabled Blackberry Music Gateway
- 2012-01-05 Motorola Connected Home Gateway to be demonstrated at CES 2012
- 2011-10-03 Magic FrogPad turns your Apple Magic Trackpad into a keyboard
- 2011-06-10 Gateway TP-A60W arrives at the FCC, is rebranded Iconia Tab A500
- 2011-05-23 NetGear ADSL modem and router hybrid starts to ship