The cat is out of the bag – we’re talking about HP CEO Mark Hurd mentioning that “we didn’t buy Palm to be in the smartphone business” alongside the thought that pouring money into developing webOS smartphones “doesn’t in any way make any sense.” This might have caused some furore among the webOS community, and HP’s PR machine had to do something about the situation by clarifying it with the following statement.
When we look at the market, we see an array of interconnected devices, including tablets, printers, and of course, smartphones. We believe webOS can become the backbone for many of HP’s small form factor devices, and we expect to expand webOS’s footprint beyond just the smartphone market, all while leveraging our financial strength, scale, and global reach to grow in smartphones.
What do you think the next HP webOS-powered smartphone will be like?RELATED
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- NAVIGATE Jacket Uses LEDs, Haptic Feedback To Help Direct Its Wearer
- LG Reportedly Shifting Focus From Smartphones To TVs
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Follow: HP, palm webos, smartphone, webos,
- Seen at: boygeniusreport