Microsoft has been (unsuccessfully) trying to kill off Windows XP for some time now, and now the company is trying to bang another nail on the coffin of this aging operating system, reminding us that Windows XP Home will no longer be available for pre-installation on netbooks from October 22nd, 2010. While Windows 7 Starter Edition is a pretty capable OS for netbooks, and doesn’t require as powerful hardware as Vista, many folks out there are still very fond of Windows XP, as can be seen by the fact that manufacturers are still shipping netbooks with Windows XP till this day. But in the end, no matter how much we love Windows XP, it’ll have to go sooner or later. Are you currently using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or another operating system?
Next Story: Icon Battery Pack For iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Lady Talks Her Way To Free Boob Job Via Website
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced