Barnes & Noble recently released the 1.4 firmware update for their nook ebook reader, and that proved incentive enough for a group of dedicated developers to work round the clock (or so it seems) to crack it open to the root level. Their success means you are able to take full advantage of the entire 1.4 firmware update alongside a bunch of novel features which are available only with root-level access. You will require a couple of software as well as a FAT32-formatted SD memory card to run this crack. Just make sure you know what you’re doing, and a backup is always in order just in case Murphy’s Law comes into play.
Next Story: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 software update
- 2014-03-13 Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26 Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10 Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09 Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11 NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2011-06-07 NOOK The Simple Touch Reader rooted to run Angry Birds
- 2010-12-30 NOOKcolor auto resetting, possible anti-hack protection?
- 2010-12-13 Rooted Nook Color gets Android Market access