Plantronics’ GameCom 777 USB surround sound headset has just received a refresh, where everything is internal so you won’t find any cosmetic changes. What makes this better than its predecessor would be the inclusion of simulated 7.1-surround sound instead of 5.1 previously. Apart from that, a hide-away mic that remains out of the way when not in use is also thrown into the mix. This mic will feature noise cancelling technology to help you communicate better with your team mates, while the padded ear pods on the headphones add a higher level of comfort. No word on pricing, but if its predecessor is anything to go by, we could probably be looking at a $100 price tag. This peripheral targets serious gamers only, since casual gamers might be happy with a regular headset without all the frills.
- 2014-02-23: Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Sports Headphones
- 2014-02-23: Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- 2013-08-20: Plantronics RIG Review: Fast Gaming/Mobile Audio Switch
- 2013-07-22: Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 In-Ear Headphones
- 2013-05-15: Plantronics Headsets Used Exclusively At League Of Legends Championship