Another day, another corporate acquisition, and this time Sonic, the owner of Roxio, has acquired video codec maker DivX for a cool $323 million, or the equivalent of $3.75 per share. With this acquisition, the folks behind RoxioNow and CinemaNow will have some serious media know how, and will give Sonic a better means of providing video over the Internet. Let’s not forget that many media players out there and set-top boxes already support DivX videos and DivX is using copy protection that is approved by movie studios.
Next Story: iWave Disk Speaker For Your iPod Nano
- 2014-03-24 Dark And Edgy Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-17 Early Sonic Boom Character Designs Were "Traumatic" For The Sonic Team
- 2013-09-23 Sonic Lost World Trailer Revealed
- 2013-08-23 Sonic Lost World Deadly Six Edition Receives Nights-Inspired DLC
- 2013-08-08 Sonic Lost World Headed To Wii U, 3DS On October 22