The Global Certification Forum recently given their nod of approval for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro, which is basically the Xperia X10 Mini albeit with the addition of a QWERTY keyboard to help you get those messages as well as emails out faster than ever before, assuming you feel particularly averse to the virtual keyboard setup. Basically, this approval by the Global Certification Forum means the handset is ready to arrive at Europe and North America, although the latter means one has to go through the paces of the FCC beforehand. In order to work on both continents, a couple of slightly different models were introduced – the U20i and the U20a, with the former targeting Europe while the latter will work with North American GSM bands. No idea on the actual launch or pricing, but summer could very well be the time you look out for one.
Next Story: Wearable Absence interactive garment
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-01-07: Xperia X10 to be stuck on Android 2.1
- 2010-08-05: Irritating Wi-Fi Bug For Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Users
- 2010-08-08: Sony could be counting down to Xperia X10's launch
- 2010-08-15: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Goes On Sale At AT&T For $149.99
- 2010-11-17: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to receive multi-touch next year