If you’re planning to woo the girl of your dreams while you’re staying in Tokyo, here’s a tip – whatever mode of transportation you’re going to take on your date, never ever use the ULV (Ultra Lightweight Vehicle) for the simple reason that it seats just one. This green mode of transportation looks more like a bike than anything else, where its 400W motor has a maximum driving range of 80km. It tips the scales at just 72.6kgs, which allows it to achieve a disappointing top speed of 40km/h. At least parking with this isn’t going to be too much of a hassle considering its size. To compare with how it stacks up against the Toyota Prius, the ULV costs just $0.40 per full four hour charge.
- 2013-12-23: Electric Vehicles Predicted To Become More Popular In 2040
- 2013-09-09: Qualcomm In Formula E: Advise And Integrate Technology
- 2013-08-06: Road-Powered Electric Vehicle Network In South Korea Debuts
- 2013-07-01: Generation Solar Powered Electric Vehicle
- 2013-03-04: ELF: Hybrid Solar / Pedal Vehicle by Organic Transit