Western Digital (WD) has just announced the availability of its new, high-end external My Book Studio LX drive, geared towards Mac users. The most obvious difference with this drive will have to be its use of an aluminum casing instead of the usual plastic body, matching many of the aluminum Mac designs in the market, which is also touted to help keep the drive cool while running. Other Mac-oriented features include the inclusion of a FireWire 800 port and the pre-formatted HFS+ Journaled file system. Aside from those, the LX offers a USB 2.0 port, 256-bit hardware encryption to safeguard your data and will be available in capacities of 1TB and 2TB priced at $200 and $270 respectively. These drives should be available by the time you read this.
- 2011-12-20: Western Digital TV Live now supports VUDU and other services
- 2011-09-22: Western Digital introduces My Passport Studio and My Passport for Mac
- 2011-09-13: WD 2go Pro Mobile App for Personal Cloud
- 2011-07-20: Western Digital Scorpio Blue packs quite a punch
- 2011-01-04: GoFlex For Mac External Drives
- 2010-10-26: WD TV Live Hub With 1TB HDD Introduced