The Aerogenerator X wind turbine is different from the typical model, where it will feature a set of blades that are mounted on a vertical axis while boasting a far larger turbine. When deployed out at the sea, the Aerogenerator X will feature a blade span of just over 900 feet, which is triple of today’s average turbine where it will crank out ten megawatts of juice which is also triple that of your usual turbine. A coalition of green engineering firms have the vision of turning the Aerogenerator X into an actual prototype by the year 2013, ushering in a new generation of wind turbines.
- 2013-04-03: Wind Turbine Works Sans Blades
- 2013-03-12: Walgreens Building A Superstore That Runs Only On Renewable Energy
- 2012-09-07: Wooden turbine towers: A highly feasible alternative
- 2011-10-26: Wind turbines to bother radar systems no more?
- 2011-08-22: Wind turbines to power BMW factory