The folks over at CyanogenMod could very well release a test version of CyanogenMod 6 for both the Nexus One and Motorola Droid smartphones as early as this weekend. Curious to know what they have to say about it?
Here’s where we stand so far.. Most of the CyanogenMod extras have been merged. Some features are being reworked (like trackball settings), new device ports are well underway. The first devices to see CM6 experimental releases will most likely be the Nexus One and Droid simply because those are the devices that “just work”. The Dream/Sapphire port has everything working but one small issue remains. Wes Garner has the Slide port well underway. I don’t have a status report of the Desire, Incredible, and Evo versions at this time. It is nice to see a community of developers taking up the task of using whatever they have and bringing it to the next level.
CyanogenMod 6 will not only allow users to enjoy all the benefits associated with FroYo, not to mention the inclusion of additional mods and extras thrown into the mix.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, android 2.2, CyanogenMod, rom,
- Seen at: cyanogenmod