The folks over at CyanogenMod could very well release a test version of CyanogenMod 6 for both the Nexus One and Motorola Droid smartphones as early as this weekend. Curious to know what they have to say about it?
Here’s where we stand so far.. Most of the CyanogenMod extras have been merged. Some features are being reworked (like trackball settings), new device ports are well underway. The first devices to see CM6 experimental releases will most likely be the Nexus One and Droid simply because those are the devices that “just work”. The Dream/Sapphire port has everything working but one small issue remains. Wes Garner has the Slide port well underway. I don’t have a status report of the Desire, Incredible, and Evo versions at this time. It is nice to see a community of developers taking up the task of using whatever they have and bringing it to the next level.
CyanogenMod 6 will not only allow users to enjoy all the benefits associated with FroYo, not to mention the inclusion of additional mods and extras thrown into the mix.
Next Story: T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant to retail for $329.99
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-03-24 CyanogenMod Nightlies Adds Business/People Search In Dialer App
- 2014-01-15 CyanogenMod Installer Beta Makes Its Way Onto Mac Computers
- 2014-01-14 CyanogenMod Launches GalleryNext
- 2013-12-24 First CyanogenMod Phone Available Now
- 2011-04-12 New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked