The folks over at Hitachi must think that multi-touch is outdated and that gesture control is the future, as a video has surfaced showing a Hitachi system that lets you interact with it just like the Minority Report movie. It’s currently still a working prototype, but this technology could make it to digital signages, or even in the medical field, both of which would be useful applications. According to an engineer, if Hitachi decided to include such technology into a consumer TV, it’ll have to be in the middle of 2011 at earliest. In the meantime, check out a video of it in action, and let us know if you can imagine yourself as Tom Cruise if you had this.
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: gesture, hitachi,
- Seen at: en.akihabaranews