A team at Tokyo University managed to think of a method to make holograms “touchable”, instead of just having your hand slide right through a projection of light. Of course, this method they came across will not give you the (loving) feeling, but you can certainly interact with the hologram, manipulating them according to your whims and fancy as the system is smart enough to register where your hand is. This could very well usher in a new age of holographic interfaces, and it goes without saying that the Minority Report movie will have to be pulled in. Of course, Iron Man references aren’t too far away as well since Tony Stark has something like this in his basement as well.
Next Story: Copia offers more than just a $99 e-reader
- 2014-04-20 Microsoft Holograph Technology Ushers In The Future
- 2014-01-28 VIPE "Holodeck" From Northrop Grumman
- 2014-01-28 Turkish Prime Minister Delivers Speech Via Hologram
- 2014-01-14 DVE Immersion Room Announced
- 2013-09-03 Beam Remote Controlled Robot Avatar