The Apple iPad isn’t meant for ordinary home users only as UK troops have the advantage of using a specially developed app that allows them to learn how to handle a fire mission. What’s a fire mission? It involves artillery being fired at the enemy from several miles away. Troops at the Royal School of Artillery in Wiltshire have undergone early trials using the iPad, helping them pick up jargon and procedures more quickly than before instead of having instructors lecture them. This could open up a whole new window of opportunity for both smartphone and tablet technology to speed up training across the army. We don’t suppose they could always kill some time during the lecture by having a go at Missile Command, eh?
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-04-08: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad