Rumors of Apple’s iPhone arriving at other carriers have been going around for some time, with most of the speculation hinting at a Verizon iPhone. But now the latest rumor is that T-Mobile is very close to getting the iPhone in the fall, ending the exclusivity deal that Apple has with AT&T. According to the leak, the deal is at an advanced stage, and it is 80 percent likely that the popular phone will be hitting T-Mobile in Q3.
While most folks would think that Verizon is the juicier prospect with 92.8 million subscribers, while T-Mobile boasts “just” 33.7 million subscribers, it’s worth remembering that Verizon’s network is a CDMA one, which would make adapting the iPhone a trickier process, instead of sticking with the GSM network of T-Mobile. Let’s not forget that Verizon also heavily promotes Android-powered phones such as the Droid Incredible and Droid X, which does tend to result in it taking pot shots at the iPhone.
Word is also going around that Deutsche Telekom’s CEO himself has been quoted as saying that T-Mobile will be getting the iPhone, which does give T-Mobile iPhone fans out there quite a bit of hope.
Next Story: Wi-Fi repeater powered by wind turbine
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21: T-Mobile Tweets His Love Of The Galaxy Note 3 From His iPhone
- 2013-09-10: T-Mobile Will Reportedly Offer The New iPhone At Launch
- 2013-08-09: T-Mobile iPhone Not Responsible For Subscription Surge, CEO Says
- 2013-08-08: T-Mobile Will Soon Offer A "Whole Array" Of Apple Products
- 2013-08-04: iPhone Might Have Saved T-Mobile From Losing At Least 400,000 Subscribers