Despite the popularity of iTunes and many other media players out there, let’s not forget that Winamp is still a very popular media player, and if you’re still using an older version of it, there is a slight incentive for you to upgrade to the latest version (5.58). The updated Winamp now offers support for the new WebM video format, introduced by Google just a short while ago. In a nutshell, the new format allows you to stream high-quality content without too much of a performance hit, and doesn’t require a plug-in like Flash video. It’s also open source, which does seem to be the trend nowadays. Even if WebM may not be your thing, it’s probably worth a try to check out the latest version of Winamp anyways.RELATED
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Follow: Google, webm,
- Seen at: blog.winamp