While Android 2.2, also known as FroYo, is not available on the Motorola Droid X on an official basis just yet, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t out already as evident by this screenshot you see here. Strange that this 2.2 build has root access, identified by the Dropcap2 icon located on top, but closing one eye to the situation, it more or less matches up to what an Android 2.2-powered Droid X would look like in the About Phone page. This could very well signal an Android 2.2 release as early as next week, so stay tuned!
Next Story: Panasonic offers first interchangeable 3D lens
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-04-12: New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked
- 2010-09-24: Froyo Update Causing Music And Ringtone Issues For Droid X?
- 2010-12-08: Certain Droid X and Droid received Android 2.2.1 updates