While Android 2.2, also known as FroYo, is not available on the Motorola Droid X on an official basis just yet, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t out already as evident by this screenshot you see here. Strange that this 2.2 build has root access, identified by the Dropcap2 icon located on top, but closing one eye to the situation, it more or less matches up to what an Android 2.2-powered Droid X would look like in the About Phone page. This could very well signal an Android 2.2 release as early as next week, so stay tuned!
Next Story: Panasonic offers first interchangeable 3D lens
- 2014-04-20: Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2011-04-12: New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked
- 2010-09-24: Froyo Update Causing Music And Ringtone Issues For Droid X?
- 2010-12-08: Certain Droid X and Droid received Android 2.2.1 updates