Nokia N900 and N810 users who are looking for a powerful browser should be quite happy to hear that Mozilla has just launched its Firefox Mobile 1.1, offering Maemo-powered phones the same browser engine as Firefox 3.6 on the desktop. Aside from that, the browser supports add-ons, which allows the features of the browser to be extended, and users are also able to save pages as a PDF for offline viewing. Double-tap to zoom is supported, though multi-touch is only coming in a later version. Are you looking forward for Firefox Mobile to start showing up on other platforms, such as Android and Symbian?
Next Story: Motorola Charm Caught In The Wild
- 2014-04-10 Firefox OS 2.0 Begins To Take Shape
- 2014-03-19 Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19 Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14
- 2014-03-14 Mozilla Kills "Firefox For Metro" Project Citing Low Adoption
- 2014-03-12 Unreal Engine 4 Runs On Firefox
- 2012-03-19 Firefox Mobile for Nokia N9 updated
- 2009-12-09 Fennec on Nokia N900
- 2010-01-29 Firefox For Mobile Is Now Available On Maemo!