What do you think would make a great musical instrument? Who would have thought that fibers could actually end up as a musical instrument at the end of the day? We’re talking about MIT’s Research Lab of Electronics coming up with fibers which are full well capable of picking up sound and functioning as a speaker. What makes this possible is the plastic material in used in the acoustic fiber, a common feature with microphones known as the piezoelectric microphone. This allows it to change its shape whenever an electric field is applied to said plastic material. It is still far away from the finished product though, so the boffins will need time to find out how to produce hearing and singing fabrics to work in the way it is intended to. I’m all for playing music on my pants or shirt – what about you? How about a guitar made out of nothing but cloth?
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Seen at: talk2myshirt