OLPC recently announced that it aims to improve its next generation XO laptop (so there will be another model in the works after all) by throwing in a touchscreen display that supports multi-touch, something that every decent touchscreen-enabled devices these days seem to come with. Gestures are also supported as the tablet is ready for release, but there is still no word on a release date as at press time. Best to keep all forms of finger food away from the little ones who will be having a field day with a multitouch display, smearing ketchup and grease all over the place as they ‘study’ during their break time.
Next Story: Treadway Prototype Motorized Shoes
- 2013-01-08 OLPC XO-4 Arriving This March
- 2012-12-03 XO-3 Tablet Shelved, XO-4 In The Pipeline
- 2012-10-31 OLPCs hacked by Ethiopian kids on their own in 5 months
- 2012-01-07 One Laptop Per Child XO 3.0 tablet to be showcased at CES 2012
- 2011-11-03 OLPC uses helicopters to drops tablets in isolated villages