Pixel Qi’s display kit is now available for those of you who want to replace their netbook LCD displays, where this 10.1 incher is going for $275 while shipping in 2 to 3 business days. Needless to say, it is imperative that you have a decent level of technical know before you get started on this project, but it should take less than 5 minutes to fix with a screwdriver. Currently, only the Samsung N130 and Lenovo S10-2 netbooks have been confirmed for official use with this Pixel Qi display kit, so if you are feeling more adventurous, you can try to kit out other devices unofficially. Among the advantages of this display would be having it being brighter than LCDs in sunlight, making it suitable for use outdoors.
Next Story: Amazon Kindle going for $149.99 a day
- 2013-03-08 Sol Computers Rolls Out Sunlight Readable USB Monitor
- 2012-04-29 Sol Computer netbook is one tough cookie
- 2012-04-23 Pixel Qi; Possible Competition to the New iPads Retina Display?
- 2012-04-02 Pixel Qi now on a dozen devices
- 2011-09-13 Sol Computers deliver netbook and tablet with Pixel Qi displays