The REEM-H1 robot from Pal Robotics is a new range of humanoid service robots which will get around on a wheeled base, where the lack of legs would mean having it being a whole lot more stable when getting around, translating to safer use in commercial applications. Thanks to stereoscopic cameras, the REEM-H1 is capable of recognizing faces, while microphones are used to detect multilingual speech, alongside several ultrasonic sensors and a laser range finder located in its base for mapping and obstacle detection purposes. The REEM-H1 works best within office buildings, hotels and museums among others. Boasting a battery life of around 8 hours on a full charge, the REEM-H1 ambles about at a top speed of 4km/h.
- Knightscope Robot Security Guards May Replace Human Guards One Day
- Andy Rubin To Head Up Google's New Robots Division
- Prototype Robotic “Heart” Runs Off Urine
- K5 Autonomous Data Machine Is A 300-Pound Crime Fighting Robot
- MOSS Robot Kit Helps You Get Started Even Without Having A Clue
- Follow: prototype, robot, robotics, robots,
- Seen at: plasticpals