This is still very much a rumor at this point in time, so you might want to take it with a pinch of salt. According to the rumor, Apple is planning to charge iPad owners who want to upgrade from iOS 3.2 to iOS 4. Of course, despite Apple having charged iPod touch owners to upgrade their OS before, the fruity company had previously promised that iPad owners would be getting one free major OS update, which in this case would mean iOS 4, so it doesn’t look like this rumor will stick. Of course, whether Apple plans to charge for future upgrades (if and when it arrives) is a topic for another day.
Next Story: Asus Wants To Use Android On Its Eee Pad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-09-05: Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-03-05: Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo
- 2010-07-07: MobileMe iDisk Updated With iPad And Multitasking Support