Rumor is going around that the upcoming update to Apple’s iPod touch will be a device that is practically the same as the iPhone 4, just lacking the mobile phone features. A UK retailer is claiming that the device will sport a five-megapixel camera with flash, and even support FaceTime video calls which are still restricted to Wi-Fi. If the upcoming iPod touch update is really that close to the iPhone 4, then we can expect it to have a similar 960 x 640 pixel Retina Display, A4 processor, and 802.11n Wi-Fi. The retailer also believes that the iPod touch update will be arriving in September, in line with Apple’s usual practice.
Note: the picture above is from an earlier leak.
- 2013-06-27 Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2013-06-17 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-06-14 Microsoft Office Available On iPhone; Requires Office 365 Subscription
- 2013-05-30 Apple Files $53 Million Settlement Concerning Wet iPhones And iPod Touch Models
- 2013-05-30 100 Million iPod Touch Units Sold And Counting
- 2011-08-29 White iPod Touch on the way? (Continued)
- 2010-07-08 Leaked Next-gen iPod touch Part Confirms Front-facing Camera?
- 2010-08-25 Upcoming iPod touch Display Compared To Current Generation Display