The rumor mill has started to churn out interesting tidbits again, and now rumor have surfaced that the next-generation iPad will sport 5.6-inch and 7-inch OLED displays. If the rumor is accurate, then Apple has recently placed new iPad orders to Taiwan-based component makers for Q4 of 2010 and Q1 of 2011 with 9.7-inch, 5.6-inch, and 7-inch models all included. The two smaller sized displays will be devices that are targeting the eBook reader market, while the 9.7-inch model will receive some minor changes and remain targeted at the multimedia entertainment market. Of course, this rumor should be taken with a pinch of salt, especially since Samsung, the current largest OLED manufacturer, has enough trouble keeping up with demand for OLED displays for its own products, let alone Apple which will certainly need a large number of OLED displays if it were to implement it into the iPad. Looks like we’ll have to play the waiting game to see what Apple eventually has in store for us.
Next Story: Nintendo 3DS Design Confirmed As Final
- 2014-04-22 Apple Fixes Heartbleed Bug In Latest Wi-Fi Routers
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Apple Opens OS X Beta To Non-Developers
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-22 Apple Patents Tech That Can Block Users From Texting While Driving