AMOLED displays are already pretty popular, so much so that it’s a well known fact that Samsung has trouble keeping up with production of AMOLED displays. Despite that, the Korean manufacturing giant has its mind on creating an unbreakable AMOLED display. This is achieved by using a plastic AMOLED panel that is covered with a thin film transistor, and replacing the vinyl protection sheet with a polyimide film. If you’re wondering what the result is, check out the video demonstration after the jump. Suffice to say, a hammer doesn’t seem to be able to break this fancy AMOLED display. Samsung is planning to get this AMOLED display out within two years, and hopefully the company won’t have any trouble maintaining its production capacity then.
- Yahoo Mail Was Down Due To A Hardware Problem
- Remaining UK Blockbuster Stores To Shut Down
- Ex-Napster Executive Killed In Cycling Accident Involving Police Car
- Mars One Intends To Launch Unmanned Mars Lander In 5 Years’ Time
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Follow: AMOLED, Samsung,
- Seen at: phandroid