Sharp has recently come up with an interesting chip that is capable of controlling liquid-crystals for mobile devices that is capable for displaying two different 1024 x 480 pixel movies on two LCD displays. The LR388G9 chip is also capable of churning out 1920 x 1080p full HD video to an LCD TV when connected via an HDMI connection. The company is planning to sell the new chip to the smartphone market, not to mention the eBook reader, digital photo frame, and also the netbook markets. If it means that we’re getting cooler dual-display devices in the near future, we’re going to be quite happy.
Next Story: Sony To Offer Cheaper PS3 Move Bundles?
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-06: New Sharp Aquos TVs Go On Sale In The US
- 2014-01-22: Sharp Introduces Aquos Mini SHL24
- 2014-01-16: Sharp Announces 15.6" Windows 8.1 Tablet
- 2014-01-06: Sharp Unveils New 8K Television Systems