Sharp has recently come up with an interesting chip that is capable of controlling liquid-crystals for mobile devices that is capable for displaying two different 1024 x 480 pixel movies on two LCD displays. The LR388G9 chip is also capable of churning out 1920 x 1080p full HD video to an LCD TV when connected via an HDMI connection. The company is planning to sell the new chip to the smartphone market, not to mention the eBook reader, digital photo frame, and also the netbook markets. If it means that we’re getting cooler dual-display devices in the near future, we’re going to be quite happy.RELATED
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Follow: chip, sharp,
- Seen at: techon.nikkeibp.co.jp