Sony has dropped the prices of their Reader ebook lines, where the Sony Reader Pocket Edition will now go for $149 from $169, while the Touch Edition has dropped from $199 to $169. As for the Daily Edition, it is a good $50 cheaper at $299 now. Of course, we suspect this is a knee-jerk reaction considering Barnes & Noble has slashed the Nook’s prices, while the Kindle range recently experienced price cuts as well. This bodes well for the consumer since the pricing structure is starting to move into mainstream affordability, and hopefully soon to a level where an ebook is seen as a necessity and not a luxury.
Next Story: LG Announces Optimus One And Chic Android Phones
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2011-09-13: Scuba Divers use Sony Reader 300ft underwater
- 2011-02-01: Apple rejects Sony Reader Store app
- 2010-08-19: Sony's Upcoming Readers Pictured?