Folks who own a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon will probably have noticed the issues with poor GPS performance, especially when an application needs a GPS fix. That being said, Verizon Navigator works perfectly, which results in many owners launching VZ Navigator in order to activate the GPS on the device, and this use data in third party applications like Google Maps. While it’s a nice workaround, it needs to be repeated every time you want a GPS location fix. Fortunately, a solution might have appeared in the form of an application dubbed GPS Fix. This application will keep your GPS connection alive in the background by periodically pinging the GPS for location data at user-determined intervals. Of course, the obvious downside of this method would be battery life, so you’ll need to weigh up the benefits for yourself. The GPS Fix application is currently available in the Palm Beta Feed.
Next Story: Verizon To Roll Out An Update For The LG Ally
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2011-06-24: webOS 2.1 update now available for the Verizon Pre 2
- 2011-02-17: HP Pre 2 released today
- 2011-02-04: Verizon Palm Pre 2 has a release date
- 2010-02-01: Palm Pre Plus Facing GPS Issues?
- 2010-08-16: Palm Pre Plus is currently out of stock on Verizon and AT&T online channels