Folks who own a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon will probably have noticed the issues with poor GPS performance, especially when an application needs a GPS fix. That being said, Verizon Navigator works perfectly, which results in many owners launching VZ Navigator in order to activate the GPS on the device, and this use data in third party applications like Google Maps. While it’s a nice workaround, it needs to be repeated every time you want a GPS location fix. Fortunately, a solution might have appeared in the form of an application dubbed GPS Fix. This application will keep your GPS connection alive in the background by periodically pinging the GPS for location data at user-determined intervals. Of course, the obvious downside of this method would be battery life, so you’ll need to weigh up the benefits for yourself. The GPS Fix application is currently available in the Palm Beta Feed.
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Verizon Galaxy Note 3 OTA Update Rolling Out
- Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Follow: GPS, palm, palm pre plus, Verizon, webos,
- Seen at: precentral.net