Looks like the classic good news – bad news scenario has happened again, this time round we have word that the recent webOS 1.4.5 update is “tainted” in some sense, especially when it ships with a new PDK bug, affecting a small number of apps at the moment for those who decided to take the over-the-air (OTA) update route. This bug occurs since the OTA update does not get the right permissions in the apps, which would mean said apps are unable to write their save game data to the media/internal drive, causing a crash in a handful. Palm will still make the update available, but has taken the alternative step of exhorting PDK developers to update their app in order to take advantage of a workaround.
- 2014-04-09: Reset Your Passwords After Heartbleed Bug Makes The News
- 2013-12-30: 'Cards' Interface Rumored For LG WebOS TV
- 2013-12-24: HP Smartphones Rumored To Be Making A Return
- 2013-12-19: LG WebOS TV Will Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-12-16: Kaspersky Labs Discover Bug In Safari That Stores IDs And Passwords In A Text File
- 2013-09-17: HP Blasts Rumors That It Is Making A Smartphone
- 2013-06-20: webOS Like Fate Predicted For Windows RT