For those who are not in possession of a TechNet or MSDN subscription, fret not – you can still get Windows 7 SP1 beta. All you need to do is take your Windows Live ID and head towards the Microsoft Eval Center in order to download a beta version right here, right now. Bear in mind that this is not the final SP1 code just yet, so you will probably need to uninstall this pre-release in the future if you are to install the Windows 7 SP1 RTM down the road. There isn’t much going on in SP1 to whet your appetite though, and if the current Windows 7 build isn’t giving you any trouble at the moment, you shouldn’t mind waiting until the service pack is actually out through Windows Update.
Next Story: NVIDIA QuadroPlex 7000 DHIC features 1792 cores
- 2014-04-01: Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-01-26: HP Clarifies They Are Not Dropping Windows 8
- 2013-12-11: Microsoft Unsure When They Will Stop Selling Windows 7 To OEMs
- 2013-11-07: Internet Explorer 11 For Windows 7 Available Now
- 2013-04-11: Windows 7 Update Bug Results In Endless Reboots In Brazil