The WWF Solar Boat is certainly a new breed of vehicles in their quest to save wildlife, where there will be an eco-tour conducted along the Mediterranean coastline for the next three summers. This 46-foot solar boat will drop by Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) including the Cap de Creus Canyon as well as other important Mediterranean coastal areas. Completely powered by solar energy, it will not have any carbon emissions, with enough speed to amble along at 5 knots, running out of juice after 90 nautical miles.
Next Story: Apple Battery Charger does not boast any magic
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth