Folks are who particular about video quality should be jumping for joy to hear that YouTube has just announced its support for 4K videos, which means videos that have a resolution of 4096 x 3072. If you need some perspective of the resolution of this video, the ideal screen size for a 4K video is 25 feet, and IMAX movies are projected through two 2K resolution projectors. In terms of technology, this is some nice progress, but it’s worth remembering that cameras that are capable of shooting in 4K are far from cheap; projectors that are capable of showing videos in said resolution are about the size of a small refrigerator; and you’ll need some really fast broadband if you want to be able to stream this quality of videos over the Internet.
- 2014-04-21 How To Convert YouTube To MP3
- 2014-04-15 Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-08 YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06 YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01 Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition