Adobe’s Flash 10.1 player has gotten out of the beta woods and is ready to hop into the waiting arms of an Android 2.2-powered handset. While we know that a smattering of Android-powered smartphones already come (or will come) with Android 2.2, only the Google Nexus One is will jive with the full Adobe Flash 10.1 at the moment over the Android Market for some strange reason. Of course, those who prefer to take the unofficial route can always look out for the APK form and install it on a non-Nexus One Android 2.2 handset, but that’s another can of worms altogether. Better be safe than sorry, that’s all we can say, so patience is the key here.
- 2012-09-11: Microsoft to offer Flash update for Windows 8
- 2011-12-16: Adobe Flash 11 for Android 4.0 updated
- 2011-11-21: Adobe Flash for Ice Cream Sandwich to be the final version for mobile
- 2011-11-11: Adobe blames Apple for the death of Flash Player for mobile
- 2011-11-11: Adobe Flash Player rolls out one last time for mobile platform