Ubergizmo is a media partner of the first APPNATION will be hosted at the Moscone center in San Francisco on September 13-14, 2010.
Ubergizmo readers will get a 25% discount by using the APPGIZ code in the registration page.
APPNATION will include an executive-level conference and an exposition, additionally, it will give developers the opportunity to learn how to better monetize their apps and to showcase their work.
“In just the past six weeks the apps industry has rallied around APPNATION, which offers more proof that the mobile app economy is just getting started. APPNATION will serve as the most focused event to galvanize the industry and push it forward,” said Drew Ianni, Founder and Event Chairman of APPNATION. “We have put together a strong and diverse group of speakers from across the apps ecosystem and have incorporated some very cool and entertaining components to the event as we certainly look forward to having a little fun along the way.”
Check the speaker list in the complete article
APPNATION will feature Ilja Laurs, Founder and CEO of GetJar; Smule Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer Dr. Ge Wang and Igor Pusenjak, Founder of Lima Sky and creator of Doodle Jump, as keynote presenters. Mr. Laurs will also be one of the APPNATION award winners to be honored during the conference. APPNATION speakers will include:
- Bill Bradford, SVP of Content Strategy, Fox
- Mark Kvamme, Partner, Sequoia Capital
- Paran Johar, Chief Marketing Officer, JumpTap
- John Cantarella, SVP, Digital, News, Sports, and Business, Time. Inc.
- Greg Stern, President, Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners
- Imran Khan, Managing Director, Research, JP Morgan Chase
- Eric Bader, Chief Strategy Officer, Initiative Media (Interpublic)
- Matt Freeman, CEO, Mediabrands Ventures
- John Kosner, SVP and GM, New Media, ESPN
- Alex St. John, President and CTO, hi5
- Ben Keighran, CEO, Chomp
- Michael Chang, CEO, Greystripe
- Arnie Gullov-Singh, CEO, ad.ly
- Rich Wong, Partner, Accel Partners
- Tobias Kemper, GM, North America, Nimbuzz
Presenters from a diverse group of world-class companies such as Google, Marvel Entertainment, Time Inc, Nielsen, Sequoia Capital, Symbian Foundation, Adobe, The North Face, Mediabrands, Ogilvy & Mather, Norwest Venture Partners, Comcast Interactive Capital and many others are also expected.
Breakout Sessions for Developers
APPNATION will also dedicate a significant amount of focus and onsite resource to give developers of all sizes an opportunity to learn how to further monetize their content, products, and services. Tailored tracks will offer a unique and affordable opportunity to showcase developer’s work in front of industry luminaries, investors, advertising agencies, media companies, the technology press and peers. Developers will also be invited to participate in cool contests including APPNATION’s exclusive “Pimp My App!” contest which is generating major excitement in the developer community. Further, APPNATION will include an Entrepreneur’s Workshop which will help entrepreneurs learn how to build and grow sustainable businesses.
- 2014-04-11 DataBeat - Using Data To Ignite Growth
- 2014-04-09 Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16
- 2014-03-04 French Tech Club, 9-11 March at SXSW in Austin
- 2013-12-19 The Wearable Technology Show 2014
- 2013-12-05 Often copied, never equaled – the Wearable Technologies Conference is back in Munich on January 27 and 28!
- 2013-11-07 DevBeat November 12-13 in San Francisco