Augmented Reality (AR) is an increasingly popular technology which allows virtual objects to be overlaid on images that we see via mobile devices. Now a lifestyle magazine has decided to include a supplement for its August 20 edition that has been enhanced by AR. The AR technology was built in partnership with Metaio, the developer of the AR browser Junaio. An example of the AR in action is available on the cover page of the magazine. The page shows a TV personality with a palm covering her face, but when you point your iPhone camera over the magazine cover with the AR software, it will show her smiling at the camera. Check out a video of AR in action on this magazine after the jump.
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: ar, augmented reality, magazine,
- Seen at: gorumors