Having access to clean drinking water is something many of us take for granted these days, but there are still many around the world who do not have that basic necessity in their own backyard. Timothy Whitehead from the UK has a solution to that problem, picking up the James Dyson Award in the process. This design of his aims to deliver a cure for water sterilization, where his bottle is able to clean water within it in just 120 seconds, thanks to a wind-up UV light bulb within th ebottle that will take 90 seconds to zap any unwanted living micro-organisms inside. Apart from that, non-biological entities will be clogged up at a series of chambers which doubles up as a filtering process. A realized concept here could potentially save millions of lives.
- 2011-04-04: Stery-Hand makes sure you wash your hands properly
- 2009-11-13: UV Toothbrush Sanitizer Case
- 2010-06-24: USB Lighter And UV Black Light
- 2010-07-08: Concept: UV Blower Keeps Your Shoes From Smelling Bad
- 2010-08-04: Bottle makes water inside clean in just 2 minutes
- 2010-10-29: UV Light Sanitizer Promises to Zap Germs Off Your Phone