Timing is always an interesting thing, and almost at the same time that Nikon announced its D3100 DSLR camera, Canon has announced a trio of high-end compact cameras, with the most noticeable camera amongst the three being the PowerShot S95. The S95 sports a 10-megapixel CCD image sensor along with built-in Hybrid IS from pro lenses that help to compensate against angular and shifting shaking, giving users more stable shots. The S95 also offers 720p video recording, HDMI output, f2.0 wide aperture lens, pop-up flash, RAW shooting mode, customizable command dial, and you can expect to see the S95 arrive in stores by the end of the month for $400.
The SD4500 IS also offers a 10-megapixel CMOS sensor that is capable of handling low-light situations and fast shooting, boasting a 8.4 FPS shooting rate. It lacks the Hybrid IS of the S95, but sports a Dynamic IS mode that is capable of handling vibrations while moving around in movie mode. Aside from that, the SD4500 is Canon’s first PowerShot that is capable of shooting video at 1080p full HD resolution. The SD4500 will begin to ship in early September, and it’ll be priced at $350.
Finally, the last camera is the SD130 IS, which boasts a juicy 12X zoom range, and a 12-megapixel image sensor. Despite the ISO limited to just 1,600, the camera is capable of shooting video at 720p and offers multiple advanced creative modes such as tilt-shift effect miniature mode or a fisheye lens effect. The SX130 IS should be available at the end of the month for $250.
Next Story: T-Mobile To Launch Motorola Charm On August 25th
- 2014-04-17: All White Canon EOS 100D Announced For The UK
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot D30 Does The Waterproof Dance
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot SX700 HS Digital Camera
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Costs $799
- 2014-02-11: Canon PowerShot ELPH Digital Cameras Helps The Beginner Get Started