The latest Catalyst iteration (10.8) from ATi has made it known to everyone on a new range of Southern Islands codenames, with 35 new cards being named in total under the atiicdxx.da_ file. Of course, having the name is nice and all, but what we would really love to see would be its specifications, but nary a glimpse of it can be found. Apparently, there will be 11 Cayman cards coming our way, where it ought to be the successor of the HD 5800 series, and ATi does seem to place plenty of hopes on it with a total of 4 different chips and 11 SKUs. As for Blackomb and Barts, they should debut in four iterations each. Apart from those mentioned, four Whistler cards and three cards based on the Turks core should see the Redwoon HD 5600 cards off. How will NVIDIA respond with ATi’s latest upcoming onslaught?
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- ASUS Transformer Book Duet Might Be Killed Due To Pressure From Google [Rumor]
- Sony VAIO Brand Rumored To Be Sold To Japanese Investment Firm
- Samsung Rumored To Cease Conventional Notebook Launches In 2015
- OS X 10.10 Could Feature A Flatter Design