Clearwire is probably trying to ride on the wave of popularity of Apple’s devices as the company has come up with the iSpot personal hotspot which is basically a 4G portable router that claims to offer support for Apple’s products. That being said, the device basically functions like your regular MiFi device, allowing up to eight devices to hook up to this 4G Wi-Fi router, which doesn’t necessarily need any additional magic to get Apple devices to work. Still, it’s clad in white, and is aimed firmly at the Apple-centric crowd. The device will set you back $99.99, and you’ll need to fork out an additional $25/month in order to enjoy the service, which offers unlimited 4G data usage.
- 2014-03-12 pCell Technology Could Help Carriers Provide Better Reception And Speeds
- 2013-12-05 Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- 2013-05-13 Samsung Announces 5G Technology That Offers Gigabit Experience To Mobile
- 2013-04-30 AT&T 4G LTE Switched On In 20 New Markets
- 2013-04-11 Verizon CEO Claims He Convinced Steve Jobs To Include LTE In The iPhone
- 2011-10-25 Apple's iPhone in 2012 to feature 4G LTE connectivity?
- 2011-10-07 AT&T wants 4G indicator on iPhone 4S status bar
- 2011-08-04 Clearwire announces 4G LTE network