The Dell Streak will finally make its way to the US months after our friends living across the pond have had to privilege of playing with the Streak. Of course, while they also have a red colored model, we will have to make do with the charcoal shade for the moment. Retailing for $299 with a 2-year contract via AT&T (you can’t just hold out for free Wi-Fi hotspots, you know) or $549.99 without, it is available for pre-order and will be released officially this August 13th – that’s just 3 days away. Currently, it will be available on the Dell Mobile website only and not in AT&T stores, but that could very well change in an instant sometime down the road. Too bad Dell will still ship the Streak with Android 1.6, but they did mention that it “was designed with the future in mind to support future software, application and platform upgrades”. Hopefully upgrade here means Android 2.2 at the very least. You can sign up for the Dell Streak pre-sale opportunity here. [Press Release]
Next Story: San Diego schools go solar
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2011-01-20: T-Mobile Dell Streak 7 Android tablet to cost $330?
- 2011-01-06: Dell Streak 10 shown at CES
- 2010-12-23: Dell 7-Inch Streak TV Commercial Ad Concept
- 2010-09-29: Dell's Upcoming Tablet Ambitions Unveiled
- 2010-11-16: Dell to Offer Unlocked Dell Streak Pre-Loaded with Android 2.2 Froyo in U.S.