Remember the Dell Thunder smartphone leak that was covered earlier this morning? It seems that we could very well have been sniffing on the wrong track, touting a 4.1″ OLED display when there is a very high possibility of it having an AMOLED display instead. After all, AMOLED comes with a much better contrast ratio than OLED, with the Engadget-sourced image showing the LCD backlight as well. Apart from that, display shortage troubles have been cited as well since Samsung Mobile Display might just have difficulty delivering 4.1″ organic panels for Dell at time of publishing. All of this is still speculation though, so get a tub of salt ready. What you see above is a comparison image of iPhone displays to get a better idea.
Next Story: Samsung WMG160 Wi-Fi streaming device
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag
- 2013-12-02: Dell Has A 24" UHD Display Revealed On Website
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-02: Samsung starts manufacturing 7" AMOLED displays, tablets on the way?
- 2011-11-18: ASUS and Dell not exiting the tablet business
- 2010-12-08: iPad 2 Display Suppliers Revealed, No AMOLED