Leaked Android 2.2 Froyo updates are nothing new, and today we have word on the Motorola Droid X getting its turn under the spotlight, where a leaked Froyo update will work on both rooted as well as non-rooted handsets. Applying the update is a snap, since all you need to do is run the “update.zip” file and you’re good to go. Be forewarned though, as long as it is not an official release by the carrier, something somewhere might just go wrong, so go ahead at your own risk. We would highly recommend you perform a backup of your Droid X before attempting this update, and to find out whether the Droid X is the right smartphone for you, read our review to know more.
Next Story: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M leaked in notebook specs
- 2013-12-16: Motorola DROIDs Undergo Soak Test
- 2013-07-16: Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra, MAXX And Mini Could Get July 23rd Announcement
- 2013-02-22: Motorola Droid RAZR And RAZR MAXX To Receive Jelly Bean
- 2012-11-19: Droid DNA Review
- 2012-11-13: Droid DNA Hands-On!
- 2010-07-27: Motorola Droid X caught running on FroYo
- 2010-08-11: Droid X Review
- 2010-12-08: Certain Droid X and Droid received Android 2.2.1 updates