Speculation is going around that Facebook could be working on a music service similar to Spotify. This rumor began to circulate due to Spotify’s chief designer Rasmus Andersson being hired by Facebook, though it wasn’t entirely clear what the game plan is. Spotify and Facebook already have a working relationship, as one of the more useful features in Spotify is the ability to share playlists with Facebook friends within the desktop client. With Google and Facebook seeming to challenge each other off and on, it’ll be interesting if the rumored music service does surface, as it would almost certainly compete with Google’s own upcoming music service.
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-03-04: Yahoo Will Soon Start Blocking Google And Facebook Accounts From Its Services
- 2014-02-26: WhatsApp Didn't Receive A Buyout Offer From Google