MTV and Foursquare check-in service will reward users with a badge in the month of September for getting tested and screened for STDs as part of a campaign to raise awareness and remove the stigma behind getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases.
As part of MTV’s GYT: Get Yourself Tested campaign, Foursquare users can go to their own healthcare providers or find nearby clinics on the GYT website. Once there, they can check in and shout out “GYT.” Foursquare already offers merit badges–like those offered to users who go to the gym 10 times a month–and this latest health badge would be a similar effort.
The GYT effort was launched in 2009 and MTV says that it has helped to get more people checked into, and tested, at local Planned Parenthood locations across the country.
Next Story: webOS 2.0 Promises Many New Features
- Taste Virtual Food With Your Tongue With This Simulator
- Yamamoto Comes Up With Radiation Shielding Underwear
- This Adjustable Toilet Seat Can Keep Any Size Butt Comfortable
- Turtle Receives LEGO Wheel Prosthetic After Its Leg Was Amputated
- Superman Fan Has 19 Surgeries To Look Like The Man Of Steel Himself