Good news for users of Debian-based Linux distributions out there. Google has just announced that the long-awaited voice and video chat for Linux has arrived, and users will be able to pop by gmail.com/videochat to download the plug-in and start yakking away. The only downside seems to be that RPM support isn’t here yet, though it’s already on the way. Hopefully Google doesn’t neglect the Linux community too often, especially since it took nearly two years for this feature to arrive.
Next Story: Sony's Latest RVT-SD200 Location Porter
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2014-04-01: Gmail Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary Today
- 2014-03-31: Gmail Shelfie Another April Fool’s Attempt
- 2014-03-26: Google Denies Allegations Of Gmail Snooping To Weed Out Leaker
- 2014-03-25: Gmail Experiment Shows Promotional Emails As Ads