Folks who are concerned about their privacy might be slightly wary to get wind that Google has just purchased its own Microdrone, which is an interesting and cool looking unmanned flying drone. Speculation is that Google is planning to use such drones to improve its Google Earth mapping service, though representatives from the search engine giant has denied that it will be used for such purposes. Still, the idea that Google has some unmanned flying drone is still a cool one, as you can imagine the fun folks would have if Google were to deliver a live version of Google Earth, though it would be a privacy nightmare to many folks. Looks like we’ll have to keep an eye on this to figure out what Google is up to, and as long as it doesn’t intrude on the privacy of folks out there, it should be pretty cool.RELATED
- Robot Drivers Help Ford Test Vehicle Durability
- Hitachi Ropits Self-Driving Vehicle
- Flying Cars Better Off With Robot Chauffeurs?
- Astrobotic Technology Contract with NASA Aims to Improve Lunar Prospecting
- Nevada approves self-driving cars on public roadways
- Follow: Google, google maps, maps, privacy,
- Seen at: botjunkie