Huawei has just introduced its latest mobile hotspot, the E583c, which looks pretty good. It’s dressed up in a silver and black color scheme, and sports a 1-inch color OLED display to provide status information. Functionality seems pretty standard as its offers a 3.5G HSPA connection with up to five devices over Wi-Fi, and can even support a sixth via a direct USB connection. Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms are all supported, and it’s capable of offering 5.7Mbps upload and 7.2Mbps download speeds. A microSD card slot is also included, in case you’re ever in need of such a reader. The E583c will be available in Hong Kong later this month for HK$1,380 ($177).
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-03-24: China Demands 'Clear Explanation' From U.S. On NSA's Huawei Infiltration
- 2013-01-29: Verizon Jetpack 4G Hotspot 5510L Available January 31 For $20
- 2011-03-17: Sprint introduces Sierra Wireless Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot