Who would have thought that the gentle thumping of the human heart would result in an orchestra? That’s what the Heart Chamber Orchestra is all about, where it is a collaboration between PURE, a music collective, and Erich Berger, an interactive artist, featuring a performance that involves a dozen musicians. Each of them are wired to an electrocardiogram, and will rely on software that tracks their heartbeats, relying on them as fodder for both a projected visualization and a musical score. The musicians will be able to see said score on a notebook in front of them, and needless to say, the heartbeats’ response will change as the performance goes on, ending up in a rather frantic and frenzied finish.
- 2013-06-25: Man Implants Headphones Into His Ears
- 2012-07-18: Mobile Music Touch wireless musical glove helps improve sensation and motor skills
- 2012-01-29: Transform sound into energy
- 2011-06-24: New Balance Headphones Come With Heart Rate Monitor
- 2011-03-30: Turn thoughts to music via a new computer system