Meizu is a company that was famous some time back simply because they came up with one of the more notable iPhone clones, although the Meizu M8 came nowhere near Apple’s handset in terms of sales figures. Meizu chief Jack Wong has not given up three iterations of the original iPHone later, with plans for their M9 handset to use a 3.54-inch, 960 x 640 screen which is very similar, if not the same as the iPhone 4′s. Would a Retina Display persuade folks to pick up an iPhone clone instead of the real thing? After all, it is no slouch in terms of performance either, sporting a 1GHz processor with 512MB RAM and multi-touch capability. It will rely on the Android 2.2 operating system this time round, with rumors of an upgraded Wi-Fi module and 3D graphics acceleration. Hmmm, the use of Android might just turn the tide, especially with a Retina Display.
Next Story: Motorola Stingray sends barbs to competitors
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2011-11-01: Meizu phones said to be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-01-03: Meizu M9 launch creates long queues over in China
- 2010-01-24: Meizu M9 Specifications
- 2010-05-31: Live Pictures Of The Meizu M9 Surface?
- 2010-12-09: Meizu M9 iPhone Clone Shipping Christmas Day